Keep the Chill Out by Choosing the Right RadiatorsInstalling new radiators in your home is a great way to add value to your property and help to keep the whole family warm – sometimes you’ll even need to use your central heating during the great British summer! With so many different types of radiators to choose from, it can be tricky knowing where to start. Take a few minutes to read our guide to radiators and see which type is right for you.
What to consider?
* Calculating the heat output - The amount of heat output within each room - measured in British Thermal Units per hour (BTU/h) - should be your primary priority. Search online for BTU calculators or contact a qualified engineer.
* Location - Radiators are usually placed at the coldest paart of the room which normally is below a window or at an outside wall. Bear in mind that a standard radiator is 300-700mm high and 500- 3,000mm tall so make sure your chosen radiator fits into the space you have in mind.
Types of radiators
There are many different types and styles of radiators to choose from. Here are some of the most popular that you will find online:
• Single / double panel radiators;
• Vertical / horizontal panel radiators;
• Designer radiators;
• Towel radiators;
The type you choose will depend on your current central heating system. If you need to top up the heat in your home during the colder months, perhaps you may want to purchase some freestanding, portable radiators? Or perhaps you’re looking to replace your outdated old radiators with contemporary designer ones? Find a wide range of different styles to choose from online.
Single panel / double panel radiators?
Should you choose a single or double panel radiator for your home? The difference lies in the construction of the radiator panels – a double panel has a higher total surface area, so will give off more heat.
However, there are a number of reasons why people purchase single panel radiators:
• Slimmer profile – ideal for smaller spaces as they stick out less from the wall
• Aesthetics – a longer single panel radiator may look more stylish underneath a window than a short, chunky double panel radiator
Modern radiators are more energy efficient than older ones because of the lower water consumption. You will use on average of 24% less water if you install a new radiator now rather than keeping your radiators from the year 2000.
Whichever type of radiator you choose, ensure that you buy online from a reputable company who will fit your new radiators for you!
For something a little more stylish than the plain, white metal radiators found in most homes, why not opt for a contemporary designer radiator? You can find radiators in a variety of shapes and sizes, and they don’t have to be white.
Choose from gunmetal, silver or chrome or opt for a radiator which can be finished in your colour of choice. Chrome radiators look particularly stunning in kitchens and bathrooms, whereas a gunmetal finish is great for adding some of this season’s industrial-style chic to your home!
Whatever type of radiator you’re looking for, you’ll find it online. Whether you choose to buy directly and organise your own installation with a local central heating installer, or buy from a company who will install your radiators for you, your new radiators will ensure your home looks absolutely stunning!